DIY | How To Make A Quilted Sweater

Sunday, September 1, 2013

how to make a diy quilted sweater via Kristina J blog

I've never made a quilt in my life, but I'm beyond infatuated with the quilted trend floating into fashion pieces these days (and if Rachel Zoe says quilting is cool, then who am I to argue?) For those of us who can't afford a Chanel bag, we have to create our own alternative, no? Up-cycling a sweater with dimensional quilting is the perfect way transform a piece in time for the arrival of fall. Sign me up for the quilting circle.


WHAT YOU NEED:
--Plain tee, blouse or sweater
--1 yard knit fabric (knit won't unravel when cut)
--Sizzix cutting machine using 2 inch circle cutter (much easier than cutting 60 circles by hand!)
--Thread to match circle fabric


Happy Labor Day!

4 comments:

  1. As a Christian your blog is so encouraging to me. Your clothes are so cute. Sometimes I feel completely alone when it comes to modesty issues. You are super talented and a great example to young women! Did you cut your hair? It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very sweet and you're not alone!
      Nope, didn't cut my hair, just had it straightened. I'm currently trying to get it to grow longer, but it doesn't seem to want to!

      Delete
  2. Adorable! Very clever and easy, too.

    ReplyDelete

Kristina J. Copyright 2014

Kristina J. DIY Ideas | DIY Style All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger