Thursday, August 14, 2014
I'm a belt lover, no doubt about it. But when the summer weather gets hot and muggy, the last thing I feel like wearing is a belt cinched around my waist. It's so much cooler to have a dress that looks like it has a belt but still moves and breathes around your body. A ribbon belt attached to a dress is a great way to get the look without feeling confined.
WHAT YOU DO:
1. Start with a dress with a natural waistline. I used the Sidewalk Sunday dress from Downeast Basics.
2. Choose a colored grosgrain ribbon. Cut it to fit your waist plus one inch. Fold ribbon end under and pin to edge of dress directly on top of waist seam.
3. Attach by topstitching around the waistline close to edge of ribbon.
4. Fold opposite end of ribbon under and catch as you topstitch ribbon edge.
5. Repeat topstitching along bottom edge of ribbon.
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
HM midi skirt (similar) | Vintage blouse (similar) | Nine West wedges (similar) | FOSSIL pouch | Target watch
It was a two picture sort of day. If you've ever blogged or taken pictures for a blogger, then you know exactly what I mean. Fifty snapped images does not guarantee fifty usable pictures and since my face was in a weird mood, all the perfectly adequate images I might have used were ruined by grimaces or zombie eyes or worse. Sigh. Here's to another off day in front of the camera.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Boden Wow skirt | J.Crew cardi (another) and tee | UO pumps (similar) | Anthropologie bag (similar) | Target watch
Some days the rain and wind just get ya. Like today, when my curly hair had been perfectly pressed (though not permanent pressed, as you can see by the fluffy ends). So of course, it had to rain and instantly the humidity and wetness clouded my images, curled my flat-ironed hair and chased me indoors. Sometimes, life is like a box of chocolates and then other times, it isn't.
Sunday, July 27, 2014
Gingham may not be outside the box, but it's fresh as the air you breath at a picnic on the beach. The square motiff is whimsical, yet chic and can be the perfect pattern you need to add interest to what might be a basic outfit. These our my current gingham crushes for the summer.
1. If I Only Had a Rainbow dress via ModCloth
2. Washed Gingham shirt via L.L.Bean
3. Poppy skirt via Boden
4. Gingham Check Shirt via Joe Fresh for JCPenney
5. Box Pleat Midi via Dorothy Perkins
6. Kerrington Dome Tote via Tory Burch
7. Cotu Classic sneakers via Lord and Taylor
8. Corner Candyshop Bag via ModCloth