NEW DESIGN | Peaches + Cream Dress

Friday, August 7, 2015

modest summer dress
peaches and cream dress design via Kristina j blog
peaches and cream modest summer dress via kristinajblog

This dress was an experiment in gathers and flow. I attached the skirt portion to two different bodices and took them apart before settling on this simple one. I wanted to create a summer dress with a bodice that didn't compete with the amazing coral netting. This skirt fabric has the softest feel you can imagine. No stiff tulle here. It's all feathers and whispers completely in balance with the soft cream lace. The DIY bridal jewel hair comb tutorial is posted here.

modest dresses via Kristina J blog
modest summer dress via Kristina J blog
 modest summer dresses via Kristina J blogmodest summer midi dress via Kristina j blog
modest dresses for summer via Kristina j blog
modest dress design via Kristina J blog
kristina j dress

I've decided to start selling some of my older design samples, because a girl can only wear so many dresses and I create so many in a year that it seems a shame for the beauties to die a slow, unloved death in my closet. I will be sharing news of the sales on my Instagram account @thekristinajblog. Follow along over there if you want the most current updates on which dresses and DIY projects are being listed.

In the meantime, the Peaches + Cream Dress is up for auction on eBay, where you can bid for a chance to win this dress!



diy style + tutorials to your inbox


7 comments:

  1. I looked on eBay - but I couldn't find it. Could you post the link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, girl! This went up earlier than I thought it was going to and I hadn't linked it yet. It's there now.

      Delete
  2. I love that dress! So simple but beautiful!
    -Margaret
    http://stylish-flower.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristina,

    Did you sell the Peaches and Cream dress you had listed on Ebay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article.

    ReplyDelete

Kristina J. Copyright 2014

Kristina J. DIY Ideas | DIY Style All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger