How To Make a Chiffon Petal Clutch

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

H/M skirt | Target Chambray top | Kristina J. Art Deco watch | UO pumps

If you've followed long, you've seen this project before, but I saw so many gorgeous chiffon clutches on the runway this past week from designers like Jenny Packam I thought now might be a great time to revise and revisit this project. Also, if you've been curious about the contents of my book, this is a sneak peek into one of only five book projects previously featured on Kristina J. 

A clutch like this is frivolous and unnecessary except for the most special occasions. It calls to the princess inside...that part of me quick to go on a wild tangent over a few bits of cloth. Which is exactly why I love this sort of project. It's girly, extravagant and similar bags are well beyond my price point at my favorite stores. I found this particular clutch at Plato's Closet for four dollars...what better fodder for a refashionista, huh? 


It would take forever to cut this many petals out by hand so I recommend using a cutting machine like a Sixxix BigShot, which can be used to create all these flowers in about 10 minutes. Major hand save. 


See the Chiffon Petal Clutch and other DIY projects perfect for weddings and gifts in my book, The Chic Girl's Guide to a One-of-a-Kind Wardrobe.


blog list facebook blog list bloglovin blog list twitter blog list instagram blog list goodreads

4 comments:

  1. I remember this one. I think it's a brilliant makeover. I never thought to ask before... Did you ever in your wildest dreams think you would author not one, but two books?
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never, ever ,ever....That was not even an item on my life bucket list. So crazy where life takes you huh?

      Delete
  2. The instructions are far easier than I thought they would be! This would be perfect for a decorative pillow too! Thank you for the excellent idea!

    ReplyDelete

Kristina J. Copyright 2014

Kristina J. DIY Ideas | DIY Style All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger