Making It Work: Ackee Pencil Skirt

Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Making It Work post is all about styling a piece using coordinating and contrasting colors to create the most options possible. I love doing these posts because they help me wrap my mind around all my options, and I hope you walk away with some inspiration, too!

Coordinating Look 1
A structured skirt goes all soft and feminine with shades of pink and cream, while the killer shoes remind everyone that you're to be taken seriously. =)
Ackee Skirt--Coordinating
2. Beach top
3. Cotton skirt
4. BDG suede shoes
5. Anthro Work Weekend bag
6. FOSSIL Stella watch
7.
J Crew vintage studded belt


Coordinating Look 2
You know the girl that has it all together? This is that girl...no missteps, no messin' around. A mixture of the basics with a kick and a punch.
Ackee Skirt--Coordinating 3

2. J Crew shirts blouse
3. Seychelles Kiss at Midnight pumps
4. Kate Spade pocket tote bag
5. Fossil watch
6.
Straw hat

Coordinating Look 3
Obviously, not for the office...but this is exactly the sort of styling I love. I'm at home with my children most days, so working the dressy pieces in my closet with a more relaxed, cool-momma sort of vibe is perfect for my lifestyle.



Contrasting Look 1
I'd have never thought to do something like this before I started reading Kim's blog...she's the queen at toning down primary colors with pastels. Love the effect of this look...
Contrasting Look 2
What's more striking than red and black together, I ask you? You'll look smart, sophisticated and on-point.
Ackee Skirt--Contrast 3
2. J Crew cami tank
3. Seychelles Kiss At Midnight
3. Pure Collection Leather clutch bag
4.
FOSSIL white watch

Contrasting Look 3
All out, primary against primary makes for a strong, statement ensemble.


Combination Look 1
It's office basic with out being boring...that detailed neckline is just all kinds of amazing. Perfect!
Ackee Skirt--Coordinating

2. Target suede shoes
3. Kate Spade pocket tote
4. Fossil watch

Combination Look 2
A slightly more relaxed look, perfect for browsing the farmer's market or window shopping with friends.



Combination Look 3
A look that could easily be taken from errands to the office...just change out a pair of flats for some pumps.
I love pink and navy together (in a non-1980's sort of way) and to throw a red print into the mix makes me feel all smiley and giggly inside.
Ackee Skirt--Combination
1. J Crew knit cardigan
2. J Crew cotton t shirt
3. Kimchi Blue two tone shoes
4. Deux Lux pouch handbag
5. J Crew indian scarve
6. J Crew skinny belt

2 comments:

  1. contrasting look 1 is my favorite!! love seeing all the combos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have amazing taste! I envy your wardrobe.. and I featured your anthro inspired dress on my blog!.. Hope you stop by and grab a featured button!

    ReplyDelete

Kristina J. Copyright 2014

Kristina J. DIY Ideas | DIY Style All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger