Wearing: Red Rainboots

Sunday, November 20, 2011

(J.Crew boots, Banana Republic denim skirt, LOFT sweater, AE shirt and watch, Nine West bag) 

I find unfortunate that Thanksgiving gets run over by the Christmas stampede each year.  We go straight from getting candy for Halloween to getting presents for Christmas and skip right over the opportunity to give our thanks, our praise...and we miss the chance to pass on our blessings to someone else.  
In the past week, I've read and reread One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp and have been wondering how I could share my small (and not so small) blessings in tangible ways....how acknowledging the opulence of my life might change my perspective and help me become a more appreciative person.  I've started compiling a list of ten things (because 1,000 would probably bore you) I'm grateful for this year, which I'll post later this week.


In the attempt to give something back to you for all the encouragement and support you've shown me in the past year, I've decided to give you the opportunity to advertise your blog here at KristinaJ. over the Thanksgiving holiday.  On Tuesday evening, I'll post my Thanksgiving Day list and open a link party where you can link up to your page here, where it will stay for the entire Thanksgiving weekend.

November 22nd--SAVE THE DATE!
Thanksgiving Outfit
Link Party!

Get your Thanksgiving day outfits together and post it with your own list of ten blessings you're thankful for this year...whether it's red rain boots or having a job or being a cancer survivor.  Then, come back and link up so we can all get some outfit inspiration and marvel at the beauty of your life with you!  Can't wait to see all your mad styling skills! =)





3 comments:

  1. Red boots!!! I love them. I have ladybug boots which are pretty fantastic... But I am really loving your red boots! Love how you styled them too. You always look so classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the plaid shirt with the striped sweater. I'm making a list too. Thank you for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is so cute! I am pretty much desperate for a pair of Hunters right now, so I am loooving this. Plus your pattern mixing is perfection!

    I also love the Thanksgiving outfit link-up idea! I can't wait to share my outfit on Thursday! :)

    <3 The Daily Dani

    ReplyDelete

Kristina J. Copyright 2014

Kristina J. DIY Ideas | DIY Style All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger