How To Make A Sequin Sash Belt

Sunday, March 18, 2012

 

These embellished sashes are popping up everywhere.  BHLDN, LOFT and J.Crew all have their version, so thought it high time we featured our own version over here, no? 


The best fabrics for this project would be silk, crepe or satin. You'll want to use something that has a bit of structure to it, but not a fabric so bulky that you can't tie it in a bow.


My trim was an inch wide, so I cut the fabric strips two inches wide to give me a half-inch seam allowance on each side. The length will vary. You can use a length of cheap ribbon to determine how long you want your sash to be. I wanted enough length to make a pretty bow in the back, so I made it 55 inches long. I also used one strip of press-on interfacing to the inside for extra stability.


I attached the trim about two inches left of center. That way, the ties on the bow in the back would be even.

                                                        
[facebook] [twitter] [rss feed] [pinterest] [email] [Kristina J]
feature

17 comments:

  1. I love that! Such a good idea! Thank so much for the tutorial! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great! Super simple too. Thanks for sharing this. I'll have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fabulous! Can't wait to check out the sequin options the next time I'm at the fabric store :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! I have some of that sequin trim already I could use for this.

    Christine @ Projectsaroundthehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's adorable, Kristina! I will have to try it for myself soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is now on my "to do" list, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! I would also love for you to link up at my linky party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-6.html

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute - I even have some black glitter trim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love love love this version! i love sequins and i love how it ties so beautifully at the back! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Fashion To Figure Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really cute! I bet you get so many compliments when you wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. saw this on tip junkie! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are amazing and this is such a good idea!!! I could add sequins to everything I wear... gotta love a little sparkle!

    -Ally
    http://www.confessionsoftheglitterati.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kristina! I love love love this tutorial!! A sequin sash is the perfect accessory for summer nights! It has made it to the top of my "Must Create Soon" list for sure. :) I loved it so much that I featured it on my blog today! Come check it out and grab a button if you like. :) http://missloviecreations.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-favorite-things-thursday-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. where did you get the sequin trim from? I love this soo much.

    ReplyDelete

Kristina J. Copyright 2014

Kristina J. DIY Ideas | DIY Style All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger