How To Make a Sequin Trim Sweater

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

sequin trim sweater tutorial via Kristina J blog

My closet is full of pretty, yet rather nondescript items I never seem to wear simply because they lack personality. I decided it's time to address that. For my first Bling It On project, I chose the neutral sweater I recently snagged from Banana Republic for a cheap $2.00. I know. I'm still in awe. With a little added sparkly-sequin pizzaz, it'll be perfect for the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons.




button
how to replace a torn bodice how to make an easy ribbon belt dress tutorial via Kristina J blog how to refashion a crop top into a peplum blouse 7 gingham sundress refashion

15 comments:

  1. ummm - LOVE!!! that looks festive, clean, and pricey. I wonder if my mom has any sequins lying about her stash ;op

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I just finished a project with sequins and I've been looking for other things to sequin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Went out and bought some sequins today! My Joanns didn't have the 800ct packs. Approx how many sequins per neckline are needed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is genius! It makes the sweater so much more unique! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!! Perfect for the holidays. It's amazing how a little sequin can transform a top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute. You could even make a peter pan neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! This would be such a great way to jazz up a clearance cardigan or tshirt. I just got into a sequin phase so this will be on my to do list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats so cute! and you can really do this to anything. great idea for the upcoming holidays :)
    kendrrat
    kendrrat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable! What A great idea to spice up a sweater...I think I am going to go to the store now to buy some sequins ;)

    Janelle
    J.P. Photography

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks great and I like the idea to change the sweater this way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is GORGEOUS! Totally transforms that sweater from something that would blend right in to a mega unique piece. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! What a great find and an even better improvement with those sequins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl! You never cease to amaze me with your great re-dos! Love it & love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Kristina J. Copyright 2014

Kristina J. DIY Ideas | DIY Style All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger