WHAT YOU NEED
--Two yards indoor/outdoor fabric. I bought this striped fabric at Fabric.com.
--Two Nu-foam cushions. I got my cushion foam from Jo-ann Fabrics
WHAT YOU DO
Start by cutting the ribbon into two 22 inch sections.
1. Measure chair seat and trim cushion to fit. Lay square foam on top of fabric and cut one inch away from foam edge.
Chic Girl's Tip: Pay attention to print placement. I wanted a pink stripe down the center so I made sure the center of the foam square was lying with a pink stripe in the center before I cut.)
2. Stitch along three sides leaving back edge of seat cushion open. Trim with pinking shears.
3. Fold ribbon in half and place on inside of back edge with folded portion even with raw edge of fabric.
4. Stitch along back edge, leaving a space open to insert cushion.
5. Turn right side out and press seams crisp.
6. Fold unstitched edge to inside and press crisp.
7. Insert foam square into fabric cushion. You can fold the cushion in half to insert, then unfold inside fabric, matching foam corners to cushion corners. Stitch close to edge to close raw edge with cushion inside the fabric.
8. Smooth wrinkles and press creases lightly. DONE.
Attach the cushion to your chairs by tying ribbons in knot around the chair base and enjoy your sweet tea on soft cushioned chair!