Wearing: Frippery

Friday, August 13, 2010

(KRISTINA J. Frippery Dress designed and handmade by me, Steve Madden Booties, J.CREW Hair Flower, Kenneth Cole Reaction Sunglasses)


Funny thing, this dress...
it was inspired by a blouse my friend bought me last year and the color palette from Burberry's Fall line 2008; those designs were so genius I still find myself daydreaming about them.
I had trouble editing this one during the building process. I started gathering chiffon and just couldn't quit. I kept thinking,
"A little more ought to do it."

I'm perpetually wearing the same thing for dichotomous events. I've worn my Frippery to Christmas program practice with boots and a sweater in the bleak mid-winter; with sandals to the baseball field and now to a summer wedding with booties...
but like Jessica Schroeder would say, this dress is a Hall of Famer for me...
and one of the most important attributes of a Hall of Famer has to be its sheer versatility.
So, what about you? Do you have a dress you find yourself wearing to absolutely every occasion? I'd love to hear about it!

10 comments:

  1. This is SUCH a great dress! You have amazing talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made this!? Wow!! I love this, especially with the booties.

    I wish I had a Hall of Fame dress. I'm contemplating a jcrew dress for my brother-in-law's wedding in October. If it works(and if I actually commit to buying it), it could be my hall of famer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented Kristina! So pretty!


















    You are so talented
    Kristina. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not get over how talented you are! That is such a pretty dress. Have you thought about putting your stuff on etsy? I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristina, this is so amazing!! You're the coolest! I love it! (Iwantone - I concur with Cindi - Etsy store please!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness -- I would love to own a dress as pretty as this one. You have serious skills, lady! And I think this dress has just the perfect amount of ruffles.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the pairing of the ruffled dress with the booties, especially by the water!! Great job on making the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous dress! You've got some mad sewing skills!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...you all are so nice! A lot of you have asked...yes, an Etsy store is in my plans within the next couple years...I'm usually always designing for myself, so hopefully I can design some things that others will actually want to wear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dress is absolutely stunning. So refreshing, girly, a little bohemian too. You are both a talented designer, stylist and taylor. ;-) I love how you wore it to a wedding. Did you make the matching bolero jacket, too? Love the booties and how they match perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Kristina J. Copyright 2014

Kristina J. DIY Ideas | DIY Style All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger