How To Make A Sparkle Anchor Tee

Sunday, August 11, 2013


When all you need is a little shimmer, this sparkly anchor tee is just the thing. If you've followed long, you'll remember I tried this Anchor Tee  last summer using navy blue paint and ended up making several for my friends and family as well.  That's the long term pay-off of DIY style. You don't always have to invent new refashion projects to fan the flames of your creative mojo--a great design can be re-imagined over and over. 

Chic Girl's Tip:  If you can't find an anchor stencil and don't own a cutting machine, download out a free printable onto card stock and cut out the shape.


Materials:
--Plain tee
--Anchor stencil
--Chiffon flower (I bought this from the accessory section at Target)
--Silver fabric paint
--Silver glitter
--Sponge
--Cardboard or other thick material to prevent bleed through


7 comments:

  1. this is really super cool! thanks for teaching us! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristina! I love the anchor tee! It looks fab on you! Thanks for showing us how to do this! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo! Loving it! And now I need to go get me a T-shirt to add some creativity to. It looks hot with that skirt too Kristina. Nicely done. Sheree x0x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies! Hope your summer's been awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I love anchors and anything nautical- such a great idea!
    http://lovelyonabudget.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the whole outfit :) Anchors make everything cuter and sparkles too :) Thanks for linking up to Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found you via the suggestion of another blogger friend. I am in awe of everything on your blog - from the sequin sweater, to the anchor top, all of it! I am so glad I found your blog! I am a new blogger and a novice seamstress, so your blog is perfect for me! Stop by and visit me at charminglucy.com. Blessings! Susan

    ReplyDelete

Kristina J. Copyright 2014

Kristina J. DIY Ideas | DIY Style All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger